• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

allison no workie

mogger7

well my cat runs great but my tranny no workie so pulled the little inspection plate off the bottom and flywheel is spinning but the torque converter is not some thing on flexplat must be broken anyone seen this

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
when engine is running torque conv. is not turning
well then i am pretty sure the bolts you say are there are either broke off or not there Those bolts hold the flywheel to torque converter if the flexplate is spinning and the torque converter is not then they arent attached as should be.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
can you take a video of the area of your inspection plate with the truck running then because they are connected by bolts one cant spin without the other unless they arent hooked up. Upload it to youtube or email it to me at simpson.wes.1985@gmail.com and i can host it and post it here.

319cssb

Even if the torque converter would not be bolted on, then the flex plate would still spin. Or the truck would not start.
Not sure what anyone would want to see in a video that one couldnt figure out in ones head.

319cssb

Can you put a prybar through the inspection hole and while holding the torque converter try and mone the flexplate with the bar and see what happens. Does the converter move?
You'd do all of this with engine off, of course.

Ronmar

We can only see half the bolts that hold the assembly together. Half bolt the plate to the flywheel/ringgear assembly and the other half are up between the plate and flywheel that bolt the flex plate to the torque converter adapter ring...

page 8-1 in the 24p manual has the exploded views of the two possible assemblies...

mogger7

pryed on converter today and there is some movement without ring gear moving owner of local truck shop said flex plt broke most likely he has seen it before can be repaired by moving tranny back and not dropping it to the floor (so he said) I tried to find a parts breakdown pic showing parts lined up in a rol to figure out what he is talkn about pryor to me tearing into it this all started with tranny not working when i bought it so rot it running and after a few min . running there is a clunking and a vibration or hard shuttering so i pulled the inspection plt at botom and was hoping to find the bolts missing or sheared off but there in and tight

snowtrac nome

my experience with lmtv transmissions is that you will mot move it back far enough to gain access to the flex coupling. The trans slides back a few inches than will have to be lowered and tilted to move it back than leveled again. I was quite happy to find my flywheel ring gear was good and that I needed only a starter drive. As I remembered what a pain it was to pull the transmissions out of those trucks.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
4540BD2D-3DCF-4689-823F-D134F7246B5D.jpg06EC2F42-B975-49EF-9FBA-B21C3CB8E643.jpgIf the truck starts then the torque converter module is bolted up. I don’t think it’s a matter of broken bolts somewhere. Something inside the converter assembly itself is damaged.

319cssb

All the manuals are available here on this site, it is the first section at the top of the main page look under current conflict vehicles...
If the person is on accessing this board from their phone or is in the filed , it can be difficult to download a PDF

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
In the trans pic. Maybe if all the black bolts are broken off it would cause the symptoms. Prob easier to pull the engine forward than the trans back.

319cssb

I heard about a case where the pump in the transmission failed . I think the symptoms were similar. I think that fellas truck has been towed over a period of time with all 4 wheels on the ground and driveshafts connected

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks