• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M51A2

holley68

Fasttruck, thank you again.

Spoke to White Owl today. I told him what me and Fasttruck figured out. Fasttruck he said he has been doing this longer than 40 year and still didn't know it either. But luckily he is going to ship me the plate. Thank you White Owl, was dreading the trip back.

fasttruck

Glad to be of help. Regardless of how much time you spend with these things there is always a new piece of magic comes along to expand your data base.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fasttruck, thank you again.

Spoke to White Owl today. I told him what me and Fasttruck figured out. Fasttruck he said he has been doing this longer than 40 year and still didn't know it either. But luckily he is going to ship me the plate. Thank you White Owl, was dreading the trip back.
Just a pic of the one on my 1962 M51 for a follow up.

Attachments

holley68

Any suggestions on the front axle vent. I've tried cleaning the valve and it moves freely, but I am still getting pressure built up in the axle. I have gear oil leaking out the passenger side axle seal.

I am planning on doing a rebuild soon, boots are shot. But just trying to get by for now. I know the axle is building pressure because the fill plug popped off like a cork when I was taking it off. Oil has to be changed anyway, its milky.

Any suggestions with the valve?

holley68

Gents, I am planning on getting a civilian 10 ton trailer to go behind my M51A2. I finally got all the bolts in the new pintle mount. Any suggestions on trailer plug in. The old plug in was cut (actually it looks like the bolts were snapped. Don't want to know what they were doing for that to happen). So I just have a bundle of wires.

Just an update. Been hauling loads of sandy clay, 6 yards at a time, for my driveway. It was rutted up really bad from trucks trying to mud bog before I bought it. But the last load i picked up, the trackhoe operator had me park on a steep incline to get loaded up. When he was finished, I put her down in first gear high range and up the hill we went. Parked her and came back to pay the man. He stated that most trucks have to back up and get a rolling start to go up the hill. My response, low gears. She is not very fast, but she will get there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks