• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grease cartridge dispenser

rtadams89

I didn't even know what to title this, or where best to post it, but as it is for my deuce, hopefully this will suffice.

I need to dispense some NLGI Grade 0 grease ("Corn head grease") into something that previously took gear oil. While I could just throw the grease cartridge into a 10000 psi grease gun and pump it in there, that seems tedious to dispense several tubes of grease that way. Is there something more like a caulking gun + funnel/tip, but for grease? Any easy homemade solutions?

jasonjc

There are continuous flow grease guns , as long as you hold down the trigger grease will flow. Both air and battery powered.

CMPPhil

Hi

I've used airpowered cartridge type grease gun to pump steering gearbox lube, which is thinner than grease and thicker than gear lube. Just used a empty grease cartridge in the gun, poured in the lube, of course you have to keep the cartridge screw barrel upright.

Problems I had was it wanted to start leaking as soon as I released the spring follower on the cartridge barrel. Also had little problem getting the grease out of the hose, should have blown it out before I started. In the end I was able to pump the lube by holding upside down. But with a lot more leakage on me the floor and truck.

Since then when needing to dispensing that type of lube, have gone the route of adding a tube to a squeeze bottle, lot slower but great hand exercise squeezing the bottle. But your question has got me thinking there must be an easier way.

Cheers Phil

snowtrac nome

the old time haul road drivers used to pour stp into grease cartages, than freeze them to be pumped into u-joints late,r they used to say they got twice the life out of their u-joints

rtadams89

Not sure if we can post links, but you can find "empty caulk cartridge" on amazon or ebay. These seem to be brand new ones that were just never filled with anything. In my case, I found an old caulk cartridge that was mostly used and was able to clean it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks