• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Washer / Wiper intermittent malfunction

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having an issue with my washer. Wipers work on both speeds and reset to where they are supposed to. Sometimes the washer works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the washer comes on when I'm using the wipers - especially after I've used the washer. I've found when I put it in park or restart the truck, it tends to reset. Is this the wiper motor, the stalk, something in the steering column?

moehos

Matt S, sounds like you are having the same issue I am having, sounds very familiar. If you haven't already, you should read back through this thread, there were some good suggestions.

After I finish my current project locking up space in the garage, I'm going to park the CUCV inside and try and tear into the steering column a bit and see what the wiper stalk looks like. I want to look for loose wires or contacts before I replace anything. However, I do suspect the wiper washer unit is the real issue.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having an issue with my washer. Wipers work on both speeds and reset to where they are supposed to. Sometimes the washer works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the washer comes on when I'm using the wipers - especially after I've used the washer. I've found when I put it in park or restart the truck, it tends to reset. Is this the wiper motor, the stalk, something in the steering column?
Your wiper motor is on its way out, it will just get worse with time. It soon will be time for a replacement. Try a new one,used one,junk yard salvaged one,redesigned one,rebuilt one or as I did remanufactured one. Your choice, good luck.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine does the same thing. When turning them off they don’t always return to “park” along the cowl. But then when I wiggle the stalk, they will then complete their cycle and go to sleep. So I just assumed it was a stalk issue and planned to take it apart whenever I had the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks