• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommended Rattle Can Paint Color

ilsinc

OK so I'm gonna try and bring back to life an M37 that hasn't been run in a decade or so.
Starting with the fuel system, I'm having the gas tank reconditioned and it will be returned to me in primer.
Can someone recommend a rattle can spray paint color to closely match the original?
Thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. You want Federal Specification (FS) shade 24087. Obtain from Rapco or have some mixed at Sherwin Williams in an exterior architectural paint.

ilsinc

If I ever do a restoration, that is what I would use.
But for the gas tank, is there maybe a Rustoleum or Krylon spray color that could get me by?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure. The tank is so tucked up there you can hardly see it. Use any of the "camouflage" colors (Krylon, Rustoleum etc) such as forest green. Or use flat black.

just me

Lighthouse for the Blind in St Louis sells a very high quality aerosol paint in our color. I buy a case at a time when I run low.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By far, the best paint I’ve found for painting mvs is the Rapco paint. Can be bad in rattle cans or gallons.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually I would only use TM-9 Ordnance paint from Midwest Military. 2430 would have been original and the 24087 if it was repainted later in life. I have used RAPCO a lot, and this paint blows it away. Comes both in spray cans and gallons. Also has UV protection from the sun so it will last.

just me

Rapco is good if your vehicle lives inside. It will fade and chalk in short order on a vehicle left outside.
BTW, that Eco Sure in the pic above is what Lighthouse sells. Good stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks