• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does this knob do?

GomezTheM35A2C

I have a 1973 M35A2

What in the world does this knob do? It's right above the transfer case shifter.
It reads "Out - Run | In - Stop"

45137730_2176597272384416_338757397919039488_n.jpg

GomezTheM35A2C

I thought the same thing. I'm out of state currently. I'll trace it back when I can. I also thought it might be for a dump bed.

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears to be between the seats rather than under the dash, so I second a pull/push cable to operate a PTO or hydraulic valve. Throttle cable is also possible but that tends to be on/under the dash.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I've read through quite a few of the TMs and never noticed it listed, I doubt it's in there. The seat also doesn't look right to me. Unless I'm seeing things funny it looks more like a box driver's seat but in the middle of the cab, definitely not a regular passenger seat.

dmetalmiki

If you trace that assembly, I would bet is goes to the rear of the transfer case.
And.
It could be a modified "Air shift" actuator for the front axle engage.
In (In) Out (out).
Of 'all wheel drive'........(Or, Most of them with the deuce system).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks