• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helmet top installation issue - Windshield adjustment?

MaverickH1

I scored a helmet top. I'm having the same problem with it as I had with my soft top parts. That is, it seems like my windshield is angled towards the cab too much or something like that.

With the top installed directly over the B pillars, the front is overhanging where it should drop into the windshield door recess by about 0.5". I'll get pictures later tonight when I go back home, I forgot to get them earlier.

At first I thought I could just unbolt the B pillar and push it and the top back as much as possible, but then I'd probably end up missing the gaskets on the rear of the top as they overhang the rear of the truck.

So I was curious if it was possible to adjust the windshield so that it was rotated forward more than it currently is.

Or maybe I'm going about this all wrong.

I tried to ratchet strap from the internal D rings of the top behind the B pillar and pull it backwards slightly using the D-rings in the rear of the truck bed, hoping I could pull it back and just push the windshield slightly forward and let it seat. That didn't work.

Last edited:

MaverickH1

Below picture taken yesterday. Zoomed in digitally to try to show the issue.

Overview showing area where it will be zoomed in on the next picture.

20181030_165754.jpg

Arrow pointing to overlap that is occurring. This is the worst side.

26.jpg

Action

Those brackets do npthing but eliminate the hinges.
Loosen all of the hinge bolts on the inside (12). And upper bolts on thd outside (9). Move the frame where it meeds to be. Add or remove shims as needed. Tighten bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks