• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV M1152A1 No Heat or A/C issue

Jsampo85

Hey guys/Gals, I have an 1152A1 HMMWV that is having AC and heat related issues. When I have the low pressure cut out switch plugged in the inside circulation fan in the cab wont run except in heat, and the compressor also will not cycle. I can't get the heat to work on this vehicle also, can anyone please help me out with this issue????:cry::cry::cry::cry:

cwajciec

Hey guys/Gals, I have an 1152A1 HMMWV that is having AC and heat related issues. When I have the low pressure cut out switch plugged in the inside circulation fan in the cab wont run except in heat, and the compressor also will not cycle. I can't get the heat to work on this vehicle also, can anyone please help me out with this issue????:cry::cry::cry::cry:
Sounds like 2 separate issues. I can’t help with the AC but i had no heat with the fan running in my M998. I had to unhook the heater core lines and flush back and forth to remove tons of rust. I also let CLR soak in the core and that fixed it. Heat works well now. Also make sure your heater valve on the heater hose is actually opening fully.

Action

if you have an electric water valve, it is normally open. When you switch to a/c, it takes a minute for it to close. Watch to see that it moves when someone else switches from heat to a/c. or the other way.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Our shop specializes in OEM A/C on the HMMWV, that and the M11XX series vehicles....feel free to reach out to our shop.

Benratt

I know this is an old thread but…..wondering if anyone knows of common places for A/C leaks for the M1165A1? I got the system charged with 3lbs 8oz and it’s blowing cold but low pressure won’t go above 20lbs. it sat for 5-6 years in storage and I’m guessing some seals dried out and it won’t hold pressure. Once I got it to 20lbs I let it sit for a couple hours and it leaked down to 10 and compressor cuts on and off.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks