• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some interior hardware sizes ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivilEGR

I don't have my M1008 nearby, so I can't measure myself. But my buddy did give me a lead on a couple of new Chevy squarebody's that were dropped off at a junkyard. So I'll be on my way out there to see if I can snag a new bench seat, seat belt, and dashpad.

Does anyone know the bolt size of the large "anchor" bolts that attach the seat belts to the floor?

What about the size of the 4 bench seat bolts?

And what size are the nuts on the dashpad?

Thanks in advance.

nyoffroad

Does anyone know the bolt size of the large "anchor" bolts that attach the seat belts to the floor?
IIRC 3/4 or possibly 7/8

What about the size of the 4 bench seat bolts? 3/8"

cucvrus

The seat belt bolts have a 21mm head on them. 13/16" will work. They are a metric thread bolt. If it were me I would take a small propane torch to heat the bolts from underneath before attempting to loosen them. The seat is standard 3/8" bolts that require a 9/16" socket/wrench to remove. To be on the safe side I would also tote a TX50 torx socket. You never know the horrors of the hack jobs you com across. Most times I have everything I need but the one tool I didn't bring. Good Luck. Report back.

cucvrus

Yea really. I am sure it was a real bother to give the answers to the person. I don't search for everything either. I ask. Most times NOT here either. I am glad people ask questions or they wouldn't ever know. Read the TM's was the battle cry of yesteryear. Now check the search feature is the newest cry. No dumb question was ever asked. It's the ones that go un asked that should have been asked. Simple question deserves a simple answer. As a foreman I answer all questions honestly and accurately. If I don't know the answer I research and get the answer. Telling people to read the employee hand book makes me look like an unknowledgeable poor leader. And admitting you don't know everything makes for a learning experience for both sides. But that list was nice thank you. I still think people should be free to ask simple questions. Have a reasonably Good Day. I am out doing some much needed yard work. Grandchildren are my only helpers. So I get lots of questions all the time.

CivilEGR

I'm already used to the search function returning threads with dead links, or turning into some sot of in-fighting, I just don't bother with it. I asked a question, CUCVRUS did a great job answering it. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks