• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater duct foam filler

Action

Is this a question or a statement?

Taking the diverter box off makes it much easier to hook up hoses.
You can pull the plastec vents out and try to seal them up better, attach hoses and push back in.
Tilting the windshield frame forward will allow you to get your fingers in from the top to align the plastic ducts when putting back in.

rcamacho

Yeah, figured out the same after reading the TM for diverter box removal. Still working on that, all the screws are out of the diverter but it will not budge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NormB

Finished...
All new hoses. Body glue on diverter had to be removed

What kind of glue did you use to put it back? I’m puzzling out how to get the diverter and the dash/instrument panel free and figured there had to be some kind of adhesive, or the windshield frame was holding the parts down somehow.

I’ve got time to figure it out; had to order a 1.5” ID hose for the driver’s toe heater.

NormB

Yeah, figured out the same after reading the TM for diverter box removal. Still working on that, all the screws are out of the diverter but it will not budge.
MAN, what a chore.

Took me a while to figure out the BOTTOM was glued in place.

I have a collection of pain scrapers from decades past, and a cheap set of wood chisels I use for such jobs (I have a good set for woodwork).

Inch by inch I pounded a 1 inch chisel, then a 3 inch paint scraper underneath (underNEATH! That’s supposed to be held in place by 9 screws, whoever decided to use GLUE should be shot... if dead, resurrected and shot) and FINALLY got the diverter and then the cross-piece and dash panel loose.

Glad I did. Somewhere along the way someone had dinged the cross-piece (the one with the sliding vent by the driver) so the vent didn’t work. I removed the four pop rivets, pounded out the dent, did some rest-fitting, reassembled the thing and did some touch up painting.

New diverter box and hoses should be here in a couple days.

Why new? can’t seem to get flaps to close up right, and for $30 delivered, why not.

55749E51-9AE1-4FFA-B834-22A466DC463F.jpg0B05E533-D83C-4142-A003-DF7BB428BC49.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks