• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yellow Nartron PCB rebuild and glow plug control questions

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a PCB box on Fleabay to make a simple Integrated Circuit delete unit.

Opened the box up and found no evidence of burnout or water damage... Looks pristine. If it is a good unit, I would hate to destroy it.

Is there any way I can test it besides mounting it to my HMMWV?

What glow plug controller does it require?

Thanks.

T

PCB Yellow Label.jpgInside box 1.jpginside box 2.jpg

P.S. - which are the best and which are considered the worst PCB units? I tried searching but too much chaff came through, making the grain less obvious.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still wondering how to test this unit without installing in my rig.

As mentioned, looks perfect internally.

papakb

The MOSFETs in the later units tend to go without visible evidence but they're a simple replacement and for the pennies they cost always go with heavier units. Pretty easy to check with a multimeter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks