• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

truck stalling /dying

jimm1009

Was out driving a friends truck tor a short drive with the empty 105 trailer attached.
Nothing in the truck except me and troop seats.
Going up a small hill the truck got very weak, rpm dropped, and it lacked power for 3 seconds
and then started working ok. Same thing again in 1/4 mile. This happened once or twice more in
the span of 1 mile and the last time the engine died completely. Popped the clutch while rolling and
it fired up but was very weak in the pants. 1/2 tank of fuel on board.
I drove it about 1/4 mile further and put it back in his driveway.
It idled for 15 minutes and then I shut it down.
Other than the smell of varnish in the fuel tank I did not troubleshooting due to the time of day and darkness.
I meant to tell you that when you are out in the Texas country side away from the city, when it gets dark, it is really really dark.
:lol:
I am thinking injection pump but am not skilled in this size and model of diesel. I would imagine that if the electric pump
in the tank was intermittent it would do the same thing but I do remember reading about flyweights in the pump years ago.
Thoughts?
Thank you in advance.
jimm1009 here on s.s.
or
m1009jim@yahoo.com

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start with changing all the fuel filters. Don’t forget the one under the alternator.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Used to have six guys in the motor pool fixing these trucks, worked till they dropped.
Now it is only You.
Do all the PM's. This is not a Toyota.
That is over 40 man hours of work.
She cant run without fuel suction pressure to the booster pump or the secondaries.

47to70

Same thing happened to me some time back. I knew had clean fuel filters, clean fuel , fuel tank was clean, and in tank pump was working. Did a lot of hair pulling and found out after had to have it towed that the primary fuel filter had worked louse and the old girl was sucking some air.

jimm1009

Well it turns out that the fuel pump in the tank went south. Also a lot of crappy old gas in the tank and dirty filters too.

Runs great with a good fuel pump and clean filters.

Yea!!

FloridaAKM

Clean filters & fresh fuel make for a happy Deuce, those items are much cheaper than a tow to the repair shop. The Parker fuel pump that they were selling on the auction house was a great intank fuel pump replacement that was stripped from demilled MRAP's a few years back. Did you go with a OEM pump?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks