• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939/LMTV/FMTV Air dryer replacements/upgrades

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter

CNC2013

Guys I just installed my SKF Turbo 2000 over the weekend. Works great but I am thinking the Air Dryer mounts might be different between trucks as mine was not a direct bolt on. Here is what happened: Had to drill 2 more holes as the mounting bracket holes are narrower than the stock holes. I needed to get some fittings as only one actually worked was the 1/2 elbow to from dryer to Wet Tank. Here is a quick list of fittings needed: (1) 1/4" to 1/8" reducer for line from Governor (little line), (1) 3/8" pipe plug (To plug the Purge port), (1) 1/2 to 1/2" female to female adapter (For Inlet), (1) 1/2" female to male (for inlet). I had to flip the mount from front to rear so I wouldn't have to make a longer inlet line. My line going from the wet tank to the dryer was about 1.5" too short so I needed to make another one. All in all, I am very happy and was not a very hard install once the fittings were figured out. Hope this helps everyone looking to make the change.

Attachments

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the advantages from going from the haldex pure dryer to the haldex purest dryer? Are parts just getting harder to get on the older air dryers? Thanks

Last edited:

Lifeson

Hi, simp5782 I think you can help me: can the Haldex air dryer with the code N50011K be mounted on the LMTV M1078 A0?
Thanks

jmenende

Howdy. Im in the market for an air dryer for my lmtv. My unit came without the dryer so im out of commision for now. Skf brakemaster 2000 is preffered but ebay is all out. Anyone have a spare to sell?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Howdy. Im in the market for an air dryer for my lmtv. My unit came without the dryer so im out of commision for now. Skf brakemaster 2000 is preffered but ebay is all out. Anyone have a spare to sell?
Use an AD9 air dryer. It's common commercial

Not sure if the heater is 24v or not if it is then you will have to swap the heater unit

jmenende

Use an AD9 air dryer. It's common commercial

Not sure if the heater is 24v or not if it is then you will have to swap the heater unit

Im not going to connect the heater. Im in PR and its always hot. 😅
Thanks for the help, im trying to get this rig rolling.

Iron Moose 5 Ton

Good evening. I am in the process of replacing the air dryer on my volunteer fire departments brush truck (M923A1). I had a shop replace my air dryer a few years ago and they used a WABCO 1200 series. My truck is stored about 35 minutes from where I live so I cant look at my current unit. I am tied between finding a SKF Brakemaster 2000 but they seem hard to find or going with the Haldex or an AD-9. I found a link for this Hadlex in stock. Would this be a proper unit for our trucks? What is the deal with the Holset compressors? Our trucks have a Holset compressor? Any and all help is appreciated.
(Both my truck and the fire department brush trucks are M923A1's running 14's super singles)

Haldex Unit I found:

SKF I found but had to email them for availability:

AD9 I found and believe would be the proper unit: (Could only find the extended purge one that was a new unit and not re-manufactured)

WABCO unit I think I would be proper if I choose this route:
(I can only use this unit if I have access to drill and tap a hole for a certain thread? which I do not have the ability to do this)

Any and all assistance is very much appreciated. Thanks

( @simp5782 )

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Okay, Thanks. Is this unit okay then? Does the extended purge have any negative effect? I really appreciate the assistance.
Go with this

Iron Moose 5 Ton

Okay. Thank you very much for the assistance. So for the M923A1 is the truck a Holset style compressor or no? That link you posted does not say if its compatible with E-Holset compressor's or not. I am under the impression I need a Holset compatible dryer. (ie 4 line dryer with positive back pressure, compared to a 3 line dryer).

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Okay. Thank you very much for the assistance. So for the M923A1 is the truck a Holset style compressor or no? That link you posted does not say if its compatible with E-Holset compressor's or not. I am under the impression I need a Holset compatible dryer. (ie 4 line dryer with positive back pressure, compared to a 3 line dryer).
You only need a 3 line dryer. Inlet. Outlet. Purge. It'll work ive ran em for years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks