Thread: 2006 Forward Repair system flat rack mounted for PLS trucks (mobile maintenance unit)

Private
    Thanks

Default 2006 Forward Repair system flat rack mounted for PLS trucks (mobile maintenance unit)

I have a 2006 Rock Island Arsenal Forward Repair System (FRS) for sale. I bought it a few years ago, and picked it up at the Anniston Army depot base in ALabama. It features a Cummins Onan 35KW generator (both 3 phase and single phase wired control panel), an Ingersol Rand 3 phase air compressor with 2 hose reels (both 3/8 and 1/2in. hose), a rear mounted knuckle boom crane capable of 10,000lbs lift and has a 14ft. radius, a torch tank holders outside with plumbing and regulators inside unit for torch hookups, and has several 120v outlets inside of unit for running tools as well as 5 stacks of tool storage drawers with locking mechanisms to keep them from opening while in transit.

Hear is the bad news about this unit, the control board in the generator quit working 3-4 months ago which is right about the time I quit using the unit anyway due to the fact that I have finally completed my enclosed shop. Before that, everything was working. Up until then, I was using the unit on a regular basis to store all of my tools, run my welder, and power my air tools. I have a quote from cummins for the control board which I will be happy to share. THe control board is also on Ebay for $1500, but I am told by cummins and multiple others that the control board, once installed, has to be programmed by cummins ($400 from the guys here). This control board runs everything on the generator, so it will not start or do anything. The crane needs a few hoses that are dry rotted but it worked also.

I had this unit hauled on a regular flatbed semi, so it can be hauled with just about any trailer. It weighs 25k according to the spec sheet but I am not sure if that is with or without tools. (the unit came empty of tools and is being sold that way).

Although I do not have a PLS truck and it served me well as a temporary shop for a few years, someone who has a PLS truck would really enjoy this unit. It is very cool, and was well thought out. Please feel free to contact me with any questions! My cell is 407-443-0507 (call or text) Unit is located in Mount Dora Florida. Selling price=$9,500. Willing to take reasonable offers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by militaryFL; 11-14-2018 at 12:08.

Private
    Thanks

Price reduced $9,500