• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some advice, truck won't start

maxxplanck

Hey guys I had to store my 5-ton outside for a few months, unfortunately a few squirrels made nest a pack as many black walnuts as you could fit in the engine area. I cleaned out all the walnuts and power washed the engine, now my always starting faithful engine won't turn over. Did I get something wet I wasn't suppose too ? I'm slaving my truck off another 5-ton so I don't drain the batteries while trying to start it. Also inspecting it I found two wires that I'm not sure what they connect into . Thank for your help as I'm as frustrated as I can get. Trying to get my truck ready for display at the local elementary school for Veterans Day. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One reason I see is the emergency shut down cable needs to be reset or in the fordward pisition. Pic number 3. I forgot what all the electric connections were at the PT but they were for the diagnostic hook up and your is a mechanical engine so it will run with out them. Can not really see the other side sensor connection but maybe water temp.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's nuts!

maxxplanck

Thank you so much , that was it . ������������ I was so upset I didn’t even notice it . Thank you again !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks