• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding x-doors to M1043A2

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1043A2's and M1045A2's came with the up-armored doors with the full length piano hinge instead of the 2-pin soft & x-doors or the 3-pin SF armored doors. For those of you that have one of these beasts and went with the 2-pin doors, how did you do it?

BLK HMMWV

So you want to change to less armored doors?
Most people want to change from X doors to what you have.
What you going to do with the up-armored doors?

I now that doesn't really answer your question .

BH

sandcobra164

I'm thinking the OP is trying to sort out an issue I'm having as well. Someone purchased a few M1045's without doors and wants to ship them from Georgia to Washington State. In my case he wants to ship me some X doors and have me install them. I'm not quite sure what hinges are on the M1045's as I'm waiting on paperwork to pick them up. I offered a solution of installing vinyl doors as I have some of those laying around. I'm on the sideline and looking forward to what advice other's may provide. If installing X-doors is too much trouble, I might suggest installing heavy tarps as an interim solution.

BLK HMMWV

Normal X doors and vinyl doors use the same hinge. even the first gen skinned X door used the same (2) single pin hinge top and bottom. different door strike.
I'd just source the correct set of piano style hinged doors that are correct for the truck.
You can take off the piano hinge and install the older style single pin hinges.

desmodromic

I am running into a similar issue with my M1123A2 that had heavy doors as part of the MAK armor kit. My issue is the extra holes for the piano hinges were crudely drilled out and I am not confident the factory door hinge holes exist in their original configuration any longer. I am hoping a nutsert or two will do the trick, otherwise I will have to install some sort of base plate and then utilize nutserts. Good luck and be sure to post up your solution.

dilvoy

For your A2, I think you will find that you can easily install the X Door hinges to the B Pillar, but may have to install Rivnuts on the A Pillar area, because those holes might be messed up from the MAK Armor attachment. The Strikers on the B Pillar will be easy. Just use the upper two bolts that hold the blocks to the B Pillar for mounting, but the rears may be a bit of a challenge as the MAK Door Strikers required drilling out different and larger holes. Door hinges need adjustment for each Humvee usually, because of variances in assembly. You want an even line across the bottom for sure, but you don't want it so tight that the seal gets pinched and bulges out. After you have that figured out you can place the strikers for the rear doors and see what you have to do. For the front doors, if you install rivnuts for mounting them, make sure that they are aligned or your door will bind when you open and close it and the hinges on the doors will constantly come loose.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For your A2, I think you will find that you can easily install the X Door hinges to the B Pillar, but may have to install Rivnuts on the A Pillar area, because those holes might be messed up from the MAK Armor attachment. The Strikers on the B Pillar will be easy. Just use the upper two bolts that hold the blocks to the B Pillar for mounting, but the rears may be a bit of a challenge as the MAK Door Strikers required drilling out different and larger holes. Door hinges need adjustment for each Humvee usually, because of variances in assembly. You want an even line across the bottom for sure, but you don't want it so tight that the seal gets pinched and bulges out. After you have that figured out you can place the strikers for the rear doors and see what you have to do. For the front doors, if you install rivnuts for mounting them, make sure that they are aligned or your door will bind when you open and close it and the hinges on the doors will constantly come loose.
This is great info. I'm still waiting for paperwork to clear on the A2's, but this gives me a good direction to go when they get here. I will post how I get them installed as I do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks