• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering m54a2 in Washington state

mthullm54a2

I have talked to at least 5 people in the olimpia call center and they are telling me it dose not matter what the form 97 says I have emails my representative in the 7th district along with forwarding all of there emails yesterday and we are trying to get this straight.

mthullm54a2

It dose not and the dmv is telling me it dose not matter that every military vehicle falls into the same category not for hiway use even if it dose not say it on the 97

162tcat

It dose not and the dmv is telling me it dose not matter that every military vehicle falls into the same category not for hiway use even if it dose not say it on the 97
You need to go to a different office. Don't cloud the issue with your past experience, go in like it's the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this problem escalates to a poo show I would suggest getting read up on the successful approaches tried in other states. there is a lot of good info, experienced peoples and legal precedent paperwork from other states in the 'Politics Related to MV Hobby'. Might be easier to look at what works rather than trying to figure everything out step by step from scratch.

Last edited:

162tcat

If this problem escalates to a poo show I would suggest getting read up on the successful approaches tried in other states. there is a lot of good info, experienced peoples and legal precedent paperwork from other states in the 'Politics Related to MV Hobby'. Might be easier to look at what works rather than trying to figure everything out step by step from scratch.
What has worked for myself and others as recently as this week is to walk in, provide the SF 97 and other pertinent information and walk out with a title and tabs. It sounds like the office is the problem.

It could also be the approach used, don't go in there and offer a ton of irrelevant information or confuse them. Just explain to them you bought this vehicle and would like to license it with the provided documentation. No other information is needed. They don't need to hear about your dog, the fact that you want to collect military vehicles, your grandpa used to have one or how you want to use it as a bug out vehicle. Just let them focus on doing the SF 97. It's not an easy process for someone who has not done it before. If they ask for something, give them just that and nothing else. No reason to say the other office wouldn't title it or ask weird random questions, just stick to the basics and get it done.

It also helps to have a picture of the ID plate with the manufacture and other information just in case they ask for it. I always take a picture and then print it out to give them if needed. Again, don't give them this and confuse the situation unless they ask for it.

KISS......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
162tcat has good advice and trying a new office may prevent more alarms being sounded in Olympia...

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad it finally worked out for ya. Did you have to pay tonnage and if so what did that cost?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks