• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1102 chassis trailer

kavesman1

Well, I finally got a M1102 chassis trailer off of GP site last week. Have to admit that this trailer is stout. Hopefully when I get back home from work (around Xmas), I'll try to get it lowered and put some Chevy/Dodge 16" wheels on it.

Had to go pick it up out of the Albany GP yard. The guys over there are nice to deal with. They even helped inflate the tires so to get it ready for the 2 hr drive to the house.

I've already changed the 24v bulbs to 12v. And I made a 7 pin to 4 pin adapter trailer cable with the military style connectors ends to plug into the chassis harness to power the lights. Unfortunately, the tail lights weren't the omnivolt leds...but the rest of the market lamps were.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zed254

Anyone know what those chassis trailers are designed for? The generator trailers I bought had the front light boxes lowered so deck was flat. Rear lights were in the wheel fenders. Nice trailer.....collection!!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely a special purpose body that was removed as it does not look like the typical generator flatbed. Just speculation of a radar or electronics package maybe water pump/steam cleaner or ........?

kavesman1

Anyone know what those chassis trailers are designed for? The generator trailers I bought had the front light boxes lowered so deck was flat. Rear lights were in the wheel fenders. Nice trailer.....collection!!
From what I've seen at the bases I deliver to, the chassis type M1102's had speciality equipment put on them. But if they did,they had a flat bed put on them to facilitate attachment of it. Their version of the flatbed had fenders that came up over the wheel wells that went all the way back to the rear deck area...where the tail lights attached.

But this trailer didn't have anything attached to it. It didn't have any holes drilled into the top side of the cross members on it. So I guess the military ordered it back in 2013, and never issued it for any specific use to a unit or facility. The tires still have their numbs on it, and the date code does say it was manufactured in 2013.

I just have 1 more trailer to collect. Gotta get a M353 and my trailer collection will be complete...for now.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice trailer, not going to lie I'm jealous of that generator trailer you have as well.

kavesman1

Nice trailer, not going to lie I'm jealous of that generator trailer you have as well.
You and a few others. When I was towing the M1102 home, I had a few people ask me where I got it. Nothing brings up a quicker conversation than hauling something in OD green.

One plan for the M1102 is to put my MEP-803A on it...once I built a deck for it. But the other plan is to extend the rear frame area by about 24" and make it into a trailer that can haul a ISU-90 container. I'll try to decide on which plan when I get back home.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got 2 353 trailers. Very stout and very handy!
What? You have two!
How many run flat would I have to “buy” to convince you to sell a M353? I’m “ this close to figuring out how to getting one of those suckers in a tire...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks