• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MULe Parts Info

rexman

Hi I am sure it is here somewhere Dialup Takes all day, Need Engine parts , Well Pistons And Matching Cylinders John Emery I had got from awail back ,Welll maybe the first set John had setup the Numbers on each 1 to Fit Cylinder , Been Looking For a Store Or Info Where To Call Thanks Jim 1960 GMC 8x8, XM453E1

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Have a Phone for Eastern Surplus Don’t Know Where To Look Thanks Jim
Check the classifieds for ads by "country" that's eastern's SS name his contact info should be in his ads.
They did have ad in the banners but I'm running ad blocker so I don't see what ads are up.

rexman

Thanks Do you think this Company Got All John Emery’s Mule Parts Or is he still selling parts Thanks Jim

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Emery is definitely still in business and I doubt he'd sell any of his inventory

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

rexman

.com is Hard to deal with Lenord ,Bill or John Would Send Me Parts With invoice No Body does that. 1 time ask Bill how can ya do that Told Me Not Many People With Mules Parts Only Fit Them Sure a Couple Stiffed Him But That What Made Him A Great Man. Any 1 Got Parts Off John Lately And Got a Number Thanks Jim

AIE1

FYI, I have gotten back into Mules after many years of not having one. The late Bill Watson & Leonard Grove were true gentlemen when it came to customer service on mule’s, good parts and fair prices. As Rexman stated with Bill a phone call and the parts were delivered with an invoice.

Present time, I have found;; John Emery, following Bill W’s example will send you the items with an invoice. John is most helpful and fair pricing, depending on how scarce what you are looking for.
262-567-5606 or email emerymulesupply@att.net

Charles Witt of Tocca, GA, I have dealt with Charles back in the day and recent, he knows Mules! Charles is just as helpful and also has parts. His prices are fair.
706-491-6404 or email chaswitt@hotmail.com

As for engine parts or the Gen version of the mule engine, I suggest calling Mark or Jay at Saturn Surplus. 717-692-9500. They had some NOS gen engines still available a few months ago. They are closing shop next month (Dec) if I recall correctly. Doesn’t hurt to give them a call.

Hope this helps, they sure helped me!

Just a reminder to all that Saturn Surplus is closing their doors at the end of December. Mark and Jay are calling it quits, so if you have any military standard air cooled engines, you better look over your stuff and if you need anything you should order sooner than later because Saturn will soon be gone.

mulman7

On top of the piston you have a Letter in Caps either A, B, C or D. Same with the cylinder on the top fin. You should use matching sets A with A. They increase in 0.0005 steps. You can use an A piston in all cylinders. The D piston may have the skirt clearance too tight and could seize in the A and B cylinders.

According to table 4-1 in TM5-2805-213-14 piston to cylinder clearance is Min 0.0018 Max 0.0033 Max allowable wear 0.004

Most sellers of pistons and cylinders will not unpack the items to get you a matching set.

The mule piston ring sets use 2 chrome plated compression rings and a 4 piece oil control ring. The genset engines used the top ring chrome and a cast second compression ring with a 2 piece oil control ring. All pistons I see for sale are the genset pistons. John Emery sells the original mule piston ring sets. Chrome rings reduce cylinder wear and are better able to handle dusty conditions.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks