• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing out the bed on a M35A2

sword86

I am new to SS as well as being a new deuce daddy. Recently I purchased a 1970 m35a2 and have spent quite a bit on fixing her up as her previous owner left the poor girl sitting in a field for 16 months. The normal bed is on it and in perfect shape but I am wanting something more of an off grid type camper I can use when I disappear on my downtime. I purchased a m109 van body and am planning to change it out when it comes in. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions.
1. how heavy is the m109 van shell by itself?
2. how tall is this body going to end up being?
3. will the m109 shell bolt straight up or will I need to drill and cut new holes?
4. what would be a good 24volt electric winch?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I cant help with the first 2, but yes, the bolt holes will line up. There is a lot of the mrap 18k lbs winches out there a lot of guys have put on their trucks. Also Simp has put an aussie made 24v winch on his 5 ton and seems to be happy with it. You should be able to find the thread by searching his name.

sword86

Thanks guys. I got my new wheels ordered yesterday and have the m109 van shipping out in the morning so I am getting excited.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks