• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M275 air pack issues.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Hey guys my 1951 m275 is giving me issues. Air is venting out of the air pavk when you step on the brake pedel and hold it there. Now I had a new old air pack so i went ahead and installed that. But this issue happened and thought it needed to be rebuilt so i got a brand new air pack new in plastic and installed that one with the same thing happening..any thoughts?

Things we tried
Opening the service brake side to see if air comes out when brake is applied. It did.

Tested trolley valve on steering wheel air comes into valve but when valve is engaged no air goes out or is vented. So we are going to rebuild that tomorrow

Could this be a issue with valve looking thing on the frame cross member under the deck plate where the air stop light switch is attached to? Maybe air back feeding into system when brake is engaged?

What do you guys think?

I need to figure this out by Friday if I'm going to have the truck ready for veterans day.

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Huh no replys on this help question within 24 hours, guess I have you guys Stumped like me, but I think I might of found the problem.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you have it apart, consider retrofitting a tractor protection valve down there. I put one on my A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks