• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gamma goat brake questions.

1973m35a2c

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got a goat and of course the brakes dont work. Can anybody tell me where the bleeder is for the wheel cylinder as well as what type of wheel cylinder and brake shoes the goat takes? i have been told the shoes and cylinder are the same as the m715, is that true?

combat32

The shoes are the same as 715, bleeder is in the usual location. Rubber brake lines and wheel cylinders are available from Saturn surplus, might also check with Red River in texarkana

Welcome to the circus!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the bleeder is behind the brake drum pipe plug when the plug is at 12:00.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is.

combat32

I guess i should have been more clear, when i say usual place i should have been more specific . The bleeder is on the front of the wheel cylinder instead of the back. I will include a couple of pictures when i get home tonight .
Of course we would all like to see some pictures of your truck.

m38inmaine

The M715 wheel cylinders are handed, the Goat cylinders work in all 6 positions, they look the same but are not. Best to have your shoes re-lined, I know of no source to purchase ready made shoes, there is a place on ebay with shoe linings and a good deal on 6 new cylinders. I think all of us here have had to rebuild the brake system, Saturn surplus has new master cylinders as well, best just to replace it all or you will be doing it over again when the next item fails. I have brake work posted in my goat restoration thread with pictures. Look forward to seeing pictures of your machine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks