• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guntrucks of Vietnam

Red523rd

FYI,
The Smithsonian TV will air the movie 11-11-18 @ 21:00 est Sunday.
9:00pm est - 8:00pm cst
Dish Channel 367
Direct Channel 570
6 yrs in the making, should be good!

RED

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've seen bits and pieces with Sammy, Larry, and Ron but I'll darn sure try to find the channel on my TV.

Thanks for the reminder Brother.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a link posted on FB by Red (Satan's Lil Angel). I hope it works.

Please don't start watching it unless you intend to watch it all the way thru.

I've had the distinct honor of meeting most of those in the documentary and a couple have passed...RIP Brothers.

http://www.sho.com/pr/smithsonian/sp/title/gun-trucks-of-vietnam?c=7l1c2p4u2a6u3l2i7v4o7r18290d5i2u
Here's a 4 min, 10 sec short from the Smithsonian... It might be a promo for the longer version PB posted above, but I thought it fun to share just the same.

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/shows/gun-trucks-of-vietnam/0/3462307

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I followed Papa Bear's link above and watched the entire show. Thanks PB!
You are welcome Sir.

Many of those men I have met and a several have "taken that last ride" since I was introduced to the "Guntruckers" and their history.

I can honestly say that I have never met a better/nicer/humbler bunch of guys in my time on God's green earth.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

Just a FYI for those of you. PB said "I can honestly say that I have never met a better/nicer/humbler bunch of guys in my time on God's green earth. "
Is such a true statement and to have been apart of it for such a long time, it really still is humbling to this day to have witnessed a lot of it.
If you watch this and at 28:15 the SS member that started this thread was there on that truck and for me watching the program for the first time, I can recount the day I first met him and shook his hand and as the program played, because of Red, I can see the action play out in my mind that was never said on the program.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you papa bear for posting the link to that video. I haven't cried that much since my beagle died. I have nothing but the utmost respect for our nations veterans. Thank you all for your service.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Thank You papabear for the insight of the Men in the convoys, and the innovation needed to stay alive. I had a very good Friend growing up that was a driver in fuel convoys, Nam.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank You papabear for the insight of the Men in the convoys, and the innovation needed to stay alive. I had a very good Friend growing up that was a driver in fuel convoys, Nam.
Speaking of fuel convoys...

Once the tankers got to there field destination, the next task looks like this....

IMG_9048.JPG (This (WWII ?) pic popped up on my laptop yesterday)

That's A LOT of Jerry Cans to fill and distribute ! ! !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks