• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana to Salton Sea, CA - Back - Xmas 2018

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Blazed a trail out of Vegas this morning. And made it down to near palm springs about 4. The 8.3 did not like some of those hills on the way to Twenty nine sticks.

Should be fine for the trip back for profo. Used two quarts of oil the whole trip mostly due to the front cover leaking.

Marty will be upgrading to an HX50, some bigger injectors, fuel plate change, and an exhaust brake. She thinks she needs some more guts.

I fly back to Louisiana in the morning.

Attachments

Last edited:

profo

First post didnt work lets try again, Well made it back 4113 miles total, 64 hours driving, except for lil leak used two quarts of oil, no breakdowns, flats or anything. Got about 4-5 mpg in mountains, 6-8 mpg on flatish ground, trucks weighs 32800 lbs and was towing 12k trailer. Steady speed 58 with an occasionaly feeling frisky 60 mph except when Wes drove needle burried? , thank god for cruise control! Would like to thank Wes for putting up with a nerveous person in mountains and especially when i let a lil smoke out the brakes coming down from hover ****. Was a great drive, Left Jeanerette La, 23 Dec to Phoneix Az, Las Vegas Nv, Palm Springs Ca to Salto Sea, Ca back to Jeanerette! Wes fly back out of Palm Springs and Wife and son flew in next day, i even learned how to use Uber! Cruise accross country in Military truck bucket list checked!!!��

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks