• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M185A3 wannabe m756a2 project

jth3rd

Also going to fab up a metal plate on hinges that I can pull from the cab to block the intake off for next time it gets started after figuring out what went wrong on this try

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rustystud

Yeah but now that I've watched the video, 95% sure fuel cut worked lasted 15 secs from time it revs up till it shuts down, took about 5 second to flip the switch off and pull the fuel shut off, then while holding it, I had set the drivetrain parking brake and stuck it in 5th gear but before I dumped the clutch it shut down thankfully
https://youtu.be/qjZkjqJWcp8

Starts up at 35 sec mark

That's a fun feeling when your engine runs away like that ! At least you got it under control before you lost a rod or something else. Check your throttle linkage at the pump again. It "must" move freely, and return to the 7 oclock position on it's own.

Going through your pictures I noticed you have the Bed Pocket Adapters so that is nice and the first of the BII for the truck. Next would be the Sheaves that attach to them NSN 3940-00-151-6769 part number 11676932

Last edited:

jth3rd

That's a fun feeling when your engine runs away like that ! At least you got it under control before you lost a rod or something else. Check your throttle linkage at the pump again. It "must" move freely, and return to the 7 oclock position on it's own.
Linkage moves freely and goes to 7 a clock no issue freely

jth3rd

Was able to free it by hand and now moves freely and sits right at 6 a clock position, thottle moves it to the fully to the left and choke moves it fully to the right

jth3rd

After doing some research think the issue is from not having the fuel block positioned correctly, when reassembling I assumed that the block only use was to shut fuel off not control the flow, so when I reinstalled the block I positioned the arm at 6 o'clock with the fuel block at the bottem so when starting the truck it was at wot, going to dig through manuals and see if I can find the correct neutral position for the block and adjust the arm to it

jth3rd

Got it reassembled, arm in to correct position and now back to square one with no fuel flow out the ip, so either the IP head gave out or the fuel block is somehow still not right

rustystud

After about a week new ip head is installed and
Seals, it starts and runs granted it did take a shot of either to start, even after warm still just cranks for a while before it hits and takes off https://youtu.be/h72pIFuOa7I
You might have to go after all your fuel lines and check for any leaks or vacuum. Most deuces (even older ones that have set for awhile) will start up in seconds unless there is an under lying problem like your fuel pump and injection pump. Since you already fixed those problems then you probably have fuel line problems.

jth3rd

Well today I was able to complete painting the cab of the deuce, I used krylon italian olive green for the color and looks pretty good for a lighter color

jth3rd

Well today I removed all the none stock wiring out of the truck and connected all the lights since every single one was unplugged doesnt appear to fix anything, filled the brakes and took it for a ride around the block, still getting used to the mile long throw for the gears, replaced the plastic fuel lines and tightened on injector line, now starts right up without issue and idles great but starting to think I may end up trying to trade it for a deuce with w/w or super singles that I can enjoy right off without spending 6-7 months getting this one restored but idk anyways video of it driving by around the block https://youtu.be/KMUssWIsqAs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks