• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California - Camp Plymouth Swap Meet & Military Vehicle Show April 16-21, 2019

Major Asstyrd

I added links to photos of the MD Juan 1942 GPW Maxi-Kit post over on the MB, GPW forum on SS. Here is the link to it:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...-MV-Event-April-19-2019&p=2193309#post2193309

Raffle rules are on the event page on www.MVCCNews.net accessed from the calendar tab. One important correction will be made - The MVCC Secretary is not pre-selling tickets. 2,000 max have been printed and will be for sale Thursday and Friday at the meet, at the MVCC HQ and Quartermaster booth by the RV Village entrance.

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

The MVCC would like to give a special shout-out to Jay Hinton from Jay's WWII Jeeps for being a sponsor of the commemorative Camp Plymouth T-shirts. We have had some very high quality artwork professionally created in the past few years for these shirts, driven by MVCC Central Valley VP Don Gomes and his relationship with Stith Printing. Real "car show" quality art. But this comes at a cost. Jay, who will be a vendor in RV space 185 just past the office, donated money to help make this happen. The club might not have enough shirts for the demand, so if SS readers want to buy the official shirt from the inaugural Plymouth venue, stop by the MVCC Quartermaster on Thursday just past the office. If you went to the 2016 MVPA Convention in Pleasanton you might have picked up the shopping bag sponsored by Jay. My wife and I will be bringing ours to Plymouth!

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

Unfortunately the jeep kit was hung up in customs in Oakland and sent back to MD Juan for reasons we do not know. There will be no jeep kit raffle.

There will, however, be the annual MVCC fundraising raffle Friday evening during and after the dinner at the Clubhouse. We welcome donations of items for men, women, and children. Bring them to the event headquarters and quartermaster booth just past the 49er RV Village office. Don't forget your business card or paper with your name on it so you can be recognized. Good for vendors, indicate where you are for Saturday shoppers.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad about the Jeep but it’s still going to be a great event. Looking forward to being there later today.

8madjack

Took the 5-ton down there this morning for a few hours, going to go back tomorrow.20190417_115407.jpg20190417_120404.jpg20190417_114932.jpg20190417_113115.jpg20190417_103622.jpg20190417_100144.jpg

My buddy rode with me and scored a cargo tarp for a deuce for $35!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wrecker is now famous! The fame went straight to her head.
https://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/program/652/4068963-historic-military-vehicles/

Please forgive my rant in advance...
When asked to describe my wrecker, The guy says “ it’s your basic wrecker”. That’s how one describes a meticulously restored (4 years), period correct, fully functioning,Vietnam era wrecker?

Rant over...thank you...BTW, the wife is reminding me that it was the vehicle chosen from all the others at the event for the shoot. I really am very proud.

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

My wrecker is now famous! The fame went straight to her head.
https://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/program/652/4068963-historic-military-vehicles/

Please forgive my rant in advance...
When asked to describe my wrecker, The guy says “ it’s your basic wrecker”. That’s how one describes a meticulously restored (4 years), period correct, fully functioning,Vietnam era wrecker?

Rant over...thank you...BTW, the wife is reminding me that it was the vehicle chosen from all the others at the event for the shoot. I really am very proud.
Everybody knows your truck was the baddest at the meet. Reason was its condition and it WORKS. Thanks for bringing it and offering to lift a crate that didn't show up. But guess what just showed up today 20 miles from Plymouth, it's original delivery point?.....:!:

Last edited:

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, wish I had know about this, never saw this thread being a Newb and all, looking forward to next year, maybe there are others, need to get on a list ?

Major Asstyrd

Wow, wish I had know about this, never saw this thread being a Newb and all, looking forward to next year, maybe there are others, need to get on a list ?
The Military Vehicle Collectors of California is the promoter, so check the website www.MVCCNews.net to learn what is going on. The event calendar there is lagging this year. Better to join the club and get monthly newsletters electronically or print. Better calendar plus news about upcoming and past events. Also free classified ads for members. Lotta MVs on there.

Normally we have a smaller Fall swap meet but this year the location is still not set. Could be back at Plymouth. Last September we booked over 100 campsites so it is not a small meet. The one last week was over 300, a record for our annual Spring meets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks