• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 005 engine gaskets

jatonka

I am looking for a place to buy an engine gasket set for the White 298ER diesel in a Mep 005 30K genset. leaking coolant between head and block.

leedawg

Pull the NSN numbers from the TM and punch em into google. I found some on ebay as well as from other various places. Think Kraft power would also supply em for you. I was surprised by how much they cost. I have an oil seal leaking debating if its worth pulling it all apart to fix it or just keep adding oil and clean up the oil in the bottom of the unit :)

Guyfang

Staff member
You can also get a hold of Hercules Manufacturing. Call or write and see if you can just order what you need, and not a whole kit.

5330-00-598-8962 SEAL, COVER (PART OF KIT, Part Number 40-3094662A)
40-0003216A 28265

Above is right from the TM. This is an example.

NSN.
Name of part
Part number of part
Part number of Kit that has ALL the seals and gaskets.
Supplier of kit.

The NSN for the whole kit is 5330-01-022-7995 The supplier of the seal and kit is Hercules.

If you go to the very back of the TM, it will give you a breakdown of the entire kit. This is the kit for the 005A engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks