• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bench seat won't slide

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took my daughter and her friend driving today. I slide the seat full forward so she could reach the pedals and now I can't get the passenger side to release. The wire is still attached to the passenger side. I tried moving the mechanism by hand but it won't slide.

I'm not sure how that seat moves. I tried searching the forums but nothing popped out.

TGP (IL)

It's probably bound one side farther than the other.
See what side is ahead of the other, then pull the lever and bump
That side back.
Could also be it's on part of the track that hasn't been used in
A long time and just stuck.
Tom

cucvrus

Could also be the cable is disconnected from one side. Easy fix. Seen it many times. The little spring slides over the bend in the cable to secure it to the lever/linkage. Good Luck report back. Once you have it reconnected manually slide both sides back and release the lever. Once back in time in the same notch all should go well. As mentioned. R&R the seat flip it over clean and grease the balls in the track. Live Happily ever after.

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks you guys! I took the seat out last night. It was not moving on the passenger side. I was able to motivate it with a 3 lb hammer and now it works again. The cable seems ok to move both the releases.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks