• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

xm1113 humvee--what does the x stand for

suzukovich

The first Heavy model Was the XM1097A2 or A3e which came with a 4speed no park brake. This was the command post version The M1113 was the 2d variant that introduced the ECV nose and 6.5T. M1114 was the turtle back 4dr. With supplemental armor. There was XM1112 which was similar in apperance to the 4dr with the rear cargo extension. Which saw use in IFOR. I dont think they produced alot because by 97 M1114 were being fielded in Germany with 1st Armored Div reciveing them first. Units deploying to Bosnia were priority.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

gem1410

I noticed the ECV trucks are rarely for sale--I saw one go on gov planet for around 50k--GL had some a few years ago--What happens to these--I would think they would be showing up somewhere for sale---

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"X" stands for pre-contract production. Is the vehicle different from one made under contract? Likely not. Plenty of XM818, XM813, XM.. etc came out and that's all it was.

JEB

A guy near me has an XM211...
I've been meaning to ask him about the "X".
The pre contract answer sounds correct, since his is not a prototype.

Years ago, in 1996-7, the first civil HMMWV I saw was an ex-AM General prototype. A collector in Marland found and restored it. It was the hit of the MV display at Ft. Meade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks