• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUMVEE completely dead! Bad PCB or ????

Action

Yes! Conductive Paint! The same stuff to repair broken rear defrosters. Why didn't i think of that? Well that why i Love this Site. You can't find that wisdom in a TM, well, at least i don't think you can? nevertheless, I'm going to embark on a journey to the unknown ( A.K.A...the PCB) and see what i can do. But i do have another update, i was able to get the brakes lights working. so the rig is back to normal accept i have to keep a hot wire connected to the11a wire on the start switch for everything to work. .
But Thank's man.
It is in the TM. It reads something like "disconnect batteries before electrical work or damage to equipment or personnel may occur."

shawnshumvee

It is in the TM. It reads something like "disconnect batteries before electrical work or damage to equipment or personnel may occur."
Here we go again. Action, Action, Action, did I strike nerve? Anyhow, don't you think I know that? It was a mistake, like you never made one before? I have read the TM's, i have study the TM's I even have hard copies of the TM's. I know what to do, but like I mentioned before it was a plug-n-play design and a wire came off the back of the socket, Stuff happens. I didn't think it warranted disconnection of the batteries (I WAS WRONG). You know, it's like swapping out a head light or tail light or a marker bulb... PLUG-n-PLAY. Surely you don't unhook your batteries to do those simple little task do you? Well maybe you do? If it makes you feel better and helps you sleep at night, i did have the batteries unhooked when I installed...

My Ignition system
My tach
My back up camera
My light bar
My Back up / hook up light
My Vic1 system
My Whips
My Radio
My CB
My Cab Lights
My Driving lights
My electrified over head console
My power Converters
My Fuse Block
and everything went just fine Action. I know what to do.

Moreover, read my original post, I clearly admit it was a mistake but that isn't good enough for you, you have to launch your sarcastic commits which was unprovoked. I guess you can't help yourself? I mean want do you do when you're on the SS site? Do you just troll around looking for someone to make a mistake or say something you don't like about the scared TM's? Do you just set back and wait to pounce on people with your lame sarcastic remarks? Well, do you? You know it seem to me (and maybe it's just me) that once someone says something against the TM's or post where they are not support to post, it bothers you and your feel the need to commit and you're commits are always sarcastic at least to me they are. Is this a medical condition? Not to be rude but seriously, is there something wrong with you? You got something against me? Because this isn't the first time we exchanged words. I'm sure you have read all my post, threads and replies (you probably monitor them) and you only commit when you're provided the opportunity to be rude and sarcastic. Why is that? Can't you say anything positive or creative? It's simple Action. If you don't have anything wholesome to add then don't add. It just seems to be nonproductive, pointless, and stupid to take the time to post on someones thread just to start crap. It's kind of Childish. I thought one of the reason for Steel Soldiers existence was to help people. Action your commits don't help the site they hinder its growth.

And by the way my reply wasn't to you it was to TOBASH. So your brought this upon yourself. If you wish to carry on then PM me, i don't want to pollute this thread or site with stupid arguing.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
pollute this thread or site with stupid arguing

Too late.

This is not what our site needs or will allow in the forums.

Action

Here we go again. Action, Action, Action, did I strike nerve? Anyhow, don't you think I know that? It was a mistake, like you never made one before? I have read the TM's, i have study the TM's I even have hard copies of the TM's. I know what to do, but like I mentioned before it was a plug-n-play design and a wire came off the back of the socket, Stuff happens. I didn't think it warranted disconnection of the batteries (I WAS WRONG). You know, it's like swapping out a head light or tail light or a marker bulb... PLUG-n-PLAY. Surely you don't unhook your batteries to do those simple little task do you? Well maybe you do? If it makes you feel better and helps you sleep at night, i did have the batteries unhooked when I installed...

My Ignition system
My tach
My back up camera
My light bar
My Back up / hook up light
My Vic1 system
My Whips
My Radio
My CB
My Cab Lights
My Driving lights
My electrified over head console
My power Converters
My Fuse Block
and everything went just fine Action. I know what to do.

Moreover, read my original post, I clearly admit it was a mistake but that isn't good enough for you, you have to launch your sarcastic commits which was unprovoked. I guess you can't help yourself? I mean want do you do when you're on the SS site? Do you just troll around looking for someone to make a mistake or say something you don't like about the scared TM's? Do you just set back and wait to pounce on people with your lame sarcastic remarks? Well, do you? You know it seem to me (and maybe it's just me) that once someone says something against the TM's or post where they are not support to post, it bothers you and your feel the need to commit and you're commits are always sarcastic at least to me they are. Is this a medical condition? Not to be rude but seriously, is there something wrong with you? You got something against me? Because this isn't the first time we exchanged words. I'm sure you have read all my post, threads and replies (you probably monitor them) and you only commit when you're provided the opportunity to be rude and sarcastic. Why is that? Can't you say anything positive or creative? It's simple Action. If you don't have anything wholesome to add then don't add. It just seems to be nonproductive, pointless, and stupid to take the time to post on someones thread just to start crap. It's kind of Childish. I thought one of the reason for Steel Soldiers existence was to help people. Action your commits don't help the site they hinder its growth.

And by the way my reply wasn't to you it was to TOBASH. So your brought this upon yourself. If you wish to carry on then PM me, i don't want to pollute this thread or site with stupid arguing.
It was a joke. Sorry i dont use smiley faces in all my posts.

shawnshumvee

Getting ready to further explore the inside of my PCB for any more damage and going to do a little cleaning any tips on disassemble and reassemble the Box?
And yes the batteries will be disconnected in advance.

Last edited:

infidel got me

In post #20 you mentioned adding a power wire to 11a. Continuity was lost, so I would back trace 11a. If you had a good deal of smoke, I would not think the ribbon will put out that much smoke and still have everything other than the brake lights not work. Good luck--- just my thoughts

shawnshumvee

In post #20 you mentioned adding a power wire to 11a. Continuity was lost, so I would back trace 11a. If you had a good deal of smoke, I would not think the ribbon will put out that much smoke and still have everything other than the brake lights not work. Good luck--- just my thoughts
Yeah i lost power to the start switch which is in line with 11a. It appears that 11a runs into the body cannon plug right where the scorched mark is. I don't think there was very much smoke? As for the brake lights, they are fixed. It was just a bad connection. So for a quick recap. The Rig is up and running i just have to run a hot wire to the 11a on the start switch and we are good. I thinking about taking warcow105 advised and just bypass the damage area and soldier a wire in place of the burnt area .

But thanks for your help.

shawnshumvee

Update! Here's a few pics of the inside of my PCB. Couldn't totally disassemble without major disordering but it looks perfect inside accept the little score mark on the ribbon cable. it appears that i dodged a major bullet! I Sealed earthing back up and reinstalled.

IMG_4358 2.jpgIMG_2627 2.jpgIMG_2626 2.jpgIMG_2625 2.jpg
IMG_2624 2.jpgIMG_2623 2.jpgIMG_2622 2.jpgIMG_2621 2.jpgIMG_7493 2.jpg

IMG_7863 2.jpgIMG_7421 2.jpgIMG_2633 2.jpgIMG_3137 2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks