• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice on purchase of an ECU trailer

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking to purchase an ECU trailer. Looking at this one. Its a PU-822A/T from DHS systems. Anyone ever had any experience with this type of ECU?
Anything I should look for or avoid? It was built in 2009 and has about 300 hours on it. Any thoughts would be great. ThanksECU trailer.jpg

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need advice to purchase an ECU trailer

I'm looking to purchase an ECU trailer. Looking at this one. Its a PU-822A/T from DHS systems. Anyone ever had any experience with this type of ECU?
Anything I should look for or avoid? It was built in ECU side.jpgECU panel.jpgECU trailer.jpg2009 and has about 300 hours on it. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one and like it a lot.

Mine is slightly different than the one pictured.

Hanco generator, DHS HVAC, and Perkins turbodiesel. "Applied companies" I believe is the name on mine. Very smooth and quiet. I use it for primary power on offgrid property.

Poccur

PU-822A/T was part of TMSS Medium system and would have carried an MX shelter when issued. It should be an 18kW generator with a 5ton (60,000Btu) ECU.
Looks like you are missing the tarp that covers the ECU but the fabric covers at there for the duct ports. You will need ducts to get the conditioned air from the ECU into the shelter where ever you choose to use it.h
When issued it should have had a ground rod kit and a sliding hammer with it, have a good look around if you can..maybe still on system? Also would have had a 60amp power cable and a distribution box but that is likely long gone..
Good luck:)
Poccur

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks