• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Windshield Rebuild

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked at auction sites and now $210 shipped each and still going up
Part Numbers: 7005417, 007005417.2510, 127771
Dang, I wish I would’ve replaced both of mine, my passenger was just over $100 shipped.
Edit: oops 939 probably different...

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice write up. I have a rusted out top frame needing replacement. I was looking into just buying a complete windshield assembly if they are available. Directions are very clear.

DHennon

jake20

Glad to see this old thread is still showing somewhat resourceful, really need to give the ol’ deuce some more attention. New humvee has been in the restoration spotlight as of late :p

If you need any parts, my first recommendation is big mikes motorpool, he’s helped me with several things and even helped plan out a few tasks. I think I got my NOS windshield frames from Memphis equipment specifically back when I did this.

The entire windshield assembly and all is still holding up very very well 4 years later. I see a small amount of rust forming on some wear points such as the hinges, but it’s still holding together with the completely incorrect green color I painted it with back then lol

The sealant itself is 100% perfect still as well, no cracking, deforming, or sun damage.

Attached some photos from this day, not the best since it’s night time and just rained.

Attachments

jake20

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks