• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It’s getting cold don’t forget to test your set

Dock Rocker

It’s cooling off here in the Deep South. I drug the 802 out for a good 4 hours of exercise. It did great. The 003 is on tomorrow’s agenda.

Dont forget to test and prep for bad weather. Don’t neglect your batteries as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelypip

I did a test run and PMCS last month and the old 002 did its usual fine job. Today we had a little ice, Dominion Power managed to drop a tree across the megavolt feeder to 1400+ customers (maybe they should consider some ROW maintenance? Nah!) and we had no power for 6 hours. The 002 fired up on the first attempt and kept us warm and well lit for the duration.

Exercise your set!

csheath

Haven't had to use mine in a winter setting yet. Depending on outside temp I may still be cold. All electric on a heat pump with 10KW heat strips. Will have to leave the heat strip breaker turned off. Realized when I got up I had turned off the heat strip breaker and left it off. House was 69 with heat set on 73. Looks like my heat pump is good for about 35 degrees above outside temp without the strips.

Dock Rocker

Finally got around to testing set 2. It’s the mobile unit.MEP-003. I ran it on various loads for 5 hours and it tested out great.

I hope we don’t have any real winter weather here in the Deep South but just in case I want to be ready. Things get retarded around her in an ice storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The spin on filter mods are really needed on those older sets, not only for easy of maintenance, but also for better filtration (and better availability). I almost did it to my 002, but twas sold off before I could.

Dock Rocker

I live in the sticks in Mississippi so if I need an oddball filter it will always involve a brown truck and the interwebs. I switched to the spin on oil filter and the modern fuel filters out of necessity.

All of those filters are available at any parts house around here and They are cheap enough to stockpile a few.

This set is used to help out around the community so it’s going to get some hours.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did a three hour, 80% load test on one of my 803A's a couple of days ago.

Need to change out the return lines on the other now that I received the 3.5mm hose in the mail. Got the Ts at local Carquest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks