• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v cummins to mechanical?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
A buddy found some 24v motors fairly cheap. Im wondering about maybe putting one in my deuce. Is it possible to do away with the electronics(easily? )

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just do like the NHC250s are add a solenoid that will energize the 24v fuel.shut off solenoid and then just add the manual cut all valve for a cable above it. You can have the solenoid energize when the main switch is flipped

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Put a p7100 pump on it. Its mechanical. Sorry I don't know what generation 24v your buddy might be getting

If it's cheap it may be worth it. I would just buy an old school bus with a DT466 in it and go that way with the allison 545. If you didn't feel like messing with a stick shift anymore. Then scrap the bus for most of what you paid for it.

https://youtu.be/wasSUnNMFoA

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wire-nut all those wires together and it shoud work.

But, since it's a 24V motor, it should already be 24 volt...

:whistle:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks