• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tractor trailer

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey folks I am asking your thoughts on this question please, I have a Case 1070 tractor it has a 108" wheel base and weighs 12,320 pounds with loader. I am looking for a trailer to haul it behind my M925A1. I looked at the 1061 and the 1095 (to tall) but both trailers will fit the tractor fine but the weight is the killer, the trailers I have looked at are all rated for 10K pounds. What would be a good reasonable trailer that would meet my needs, I would guess it will be used to haul this tractor approx 1000 miles a year, your thoughts please??

Thanks
Karl

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey folks I am asking your thoughts on this question please, I have a Case 1070 tractor it has a 108" wheel base and weighs 12,320 pounds with loader. I am looking for a trailer to haul it behind my M925A1. I looked at the 1061 and the 1095 (to tall) but both trailers will fit the tractor fine but the weight is the killer, the trailers I have looked at are all rated for 10K pounds. What would be a good reasonable trailer that would meet my needs, I would guess it will be used to haul this tractor approx 1000 miles a year, your thoughts please??

Thanks
Karl
I have 2 of the Globe GTU022s. You can lower it down with 255/70 or 275/75/22.5s and get the deck height down to 42 inches. It is rated for 34,000lbs. and has a 19ft deck and 4ft dovetail. 30ft overall and weighs 12k empty. Has container locks as well. It is a heavy overbuilt trailer but for $7400 it is well worth that cost in scrap it if goes back up. stock deck height with the 385 and 425 tires is around 48inches off the ground. Basically the same trailer I brought up there just without the wheel humps.

or just look for a normal tag dual axle trailer like a county or state would use to haul their equipment on. They are low to the ground but pull a little heavier.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes that trailer sounds incredibly capable but I think its to much for my needs and transporting it from you to here would really add on to that cost, Thanks much but I think I will keep my eyes on the look out for 322 loadking it seems a little more in line with my needs Wes!!

Karl

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes that trailer sounds incredibly capable but I think its to much for my needs and transporting it from you to here would really add on to that cost, Thanks much but I think I will keep my eyes on the look out for 322 loadking it seems a little more in line with my needs Wes!!

Karl
Could get it up to you for around 1600. Its 1100 miles.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey folks I am asking your thoughts on this question please, I have a Case 1070 tractor it has a 108" wheel base and weighs 12,320 pounds with loader. I am looking for a trailer to haul it behind my M925A1. I looked at the 1061 and the 1095 (to tall) but both trailers will fit the tractor fine but the weight is the killer, the trailers I have looked at are all rated for 10K pounds. What would be a good reasonable trailer that would meet my needs, I would guess it will be used to haul this tractor approx 1000 miles a year, your thoughts please??Thanks
Karl

Living up there likely with cab and not open station, correct?
Just wondering if deck height would be a large issue.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the tractor no matter what it is will have a cab on it, I quit blowing snow without a cab about 10 yrs ago, yes yes I seem to be a slow learner! In my thoughts 11Echo I would like the trailer deck as low as is financially possible for many reasons, the trailer you have in your avatar would be close to as high as I would want it.
Karl

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20 ton Trail King TK40LP I just bought off Crags list, very similar to the M322 .IMG_5856.jpg except only 34” empty deck height and #7800. Now I need to find another axle to go under it, so I can haul my loader.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the tractor no matter what it is will have a cab on it, I quit blowing snow without a cab about 10 yrs ago, yes yes I seem to be a slow learner! In my thoughts 11Echo I would like the trailer deck as low as is financially possible for many reasons, the trailer you have in your avatar would be close to as high as I would want it.
Karl
I'm looking for an air adjustable suspension and shorter tires/wheels for this trailer. I will then shorten the beaver tail a bit and use shorter ramps by letting the air out and lowering the rear of the trailer when loading.

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Karl

Better pic of avatar.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks