• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit Locker Install Into M939 series 5ton

bluehorse

Is anyone aware of a link to a write up or video of installing Detroit lockers into a M939 series 5ton?

I'm planning on doing this myself and wanted to study up on what is involved first.

Thanks..

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is anyone aware of a link to a write up or video of installing Detroit lockers into a M939 series 5ton?

I'm planning on doing this myself and wanted to study up on what is involved first.

Thanks..
The rebuilding of the differential is outlined in the TM. It is just the chunk section. You need to set the outside lash which is pretty easy. You will reuse all your old shims out of your current diff.

74M35A2

Repost for original question. I received 2 Detroit locking differentials for 5 ton axles, and it included some large springs and other parts as well. Install instructions and/or diagrams beyond TM appreciated.

bluehorse

Can someone point me in the direction of how to find this information in the Tm's?

I see many TM's for the M939 on several threads how do you know which ones have the drivetrain information?

Thank you in advance.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will search the TM for the normal axle rebuild when I get home as well as the USMC TP

Superthermal

Repost for original question. I received 2 Detroit locking differentials for 5 ton axles, and it included some large springs and other parts as well. Install instructions and/or diagrams beyond TM appreciated.
This is the best video I have seen yet on these Rockwell chunks. This is a 2.5 ton but the tech points out that the same process points throughout are the same for a 5 ton chunk. Info to boot he installs a Detroit in his steps too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks