• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV throttle cable

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to get a custom throttle cable made. Does anyone have one, outside of a truck, that you could give me a couple measurements off of?

I can get to the ends of mine, for things like thread size and length, but can you tell me:
  1. How long is the outer jacket (from any two points you specify, like ends of both threaded ends, or just the black jacket itself without metal fasteners)?
  2. How long is the inner cable (again, from any two points you specify, like the eyelet holes)? Along with this, the question I'm trying to answer is how far does/can it move?

Thanks!

aleigh

I dunno but mine is crimped down in the engine by the frame rail and kind of sticky. Have to lift up on the pedal sometimes. Figure it'll wear through one day at WOT and I'll get a big surprise. Item whatever on the glitch list, right after I repair the raptor fences.

scottmandu

I dunno but mine is crimped down in the engine by the frame rail and kind of sticky. Have to lift up on the pedal sometimes. Figure it'll wear through one day at WOT and I'll get a big surprise. Item whatever on the glitch list, right after I repair the raptor fences.
Check the linkage that goes to the hand throttle, that can bind sometime.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked just the cable, and it's very gritty sliding in the sheath. Hopefully, someone will have one out of their truck that can grab some dimensions.

S4ndm4nn

​Hey Awesomeness,

i removed the cable from my LMTV because I change the engine, if that is still up to date I can measure that for you.

Please excuse my bad english, but I'm from Germany
:D

DSC_0274.jpgDSC_0275.jpgDSC_0276.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks