• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question On Inova Remote Start vs Inova ATS Controller

CT-Mike

So I have been doing some research into these products as I work rotating shifts and my wife isn't keen on going outside in the middle of a storm to manually start the generator. If I want to go with the ATS controller, do I still need the remote start controller?

I have downloaded the remote start manual from GMG, but they don't seem to have the ATS manual. The ATS manual can be had for free directly from Inova, but they want $23 for postage.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The remote start controller is specific to the generator so you will need one in the generator that handles all the "switch flipping" required to get it going and sending power. Your ATS controller should send a simple two wire contact closure to your remote start controller as start and stop commands. I would be surprised if the ATS controller was able to have enough outputs and inputs to start a generator.

Demoh

Well first things first, what is the house interconnection method that you have or planning to have? Like Chris mentioned, If you already have something (an auto transfer switch) then we can look at it and see if it supports 2 wire start or if its something else (like Generac where they use voodoo magic)

Once you have 2 wire start then that gives us a baseline to work with to upfit the MEP for remote start. There is already a controller on the market but Kurt is getting close on his MEP controller that a lot of us are drooling over.

jamawieb

So I have been doing some research into these products as I work rotating shifts and my wife isn't keen on going outside in the middle of a storm to manually start the generator. If I want to go with the ATS controller, do I still need the remote start controller?

I have downloaded the remote start manual from GMG, but they don't seem to have the ATS manual. The ATS manual can be had for free directly from Inova, but they want $23 for postage.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
If you don't want to spend a fortune on a controller and install. What I did for my wife was installed the inova auto start board with a 24v wireless remote controller from ebay for about $25. So all my wife has to do is hit the ON button on the remote control, then go to the breaker box to move the manual interlock so she can turn the generator breaker on.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any updates on Kurt Klopp project?
There is work continuing on the project. I don't want to speak for Kurt but I can safely say development is continuing and everyone will be very happy with the final product. I'll be buying a couple of the controllers myself. :)

I'm sure Kurt will fill everyone in on the specifics when he gets his head out of the computer from writing code. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks