• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 rear carrier

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have, my front end was making noises and found half the rings bolts sheared off and at the bottom of the pan. If I remember correctly it was about 1600 clams with all new internals, front and rear. I did pick up some speed, about 10 mph before the engine said not to go faster. I really do not like pushing engines, so was happy with that. I have not spent enough time driving her to say what type of mileage she is getting now.

wayne461

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I bought this truck sight unseen like a lot of us do,and it turned ou that the front axle was toast, so I picked up an axle for $400.00 in Albany. It's a 3.73 gear ratio which is perfect for highway driving. Just wondering if anyone else has changed their ratio to 3.73.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks