• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant leaking from oil filters?

russojap

Please tell me this is not coming from the engine, I don't see how it could looking like this, the oil on dipstick looks fine. The other day I noticed they were leaking oil though.I see the hose behind the filters but don't see any evidence of coolant there, only what looks like condensation. It must be coming from the hose though ... right?IMG_20181117_143755.jpgIMG_20181117_141242.jpgIMG_20181117_141301.jpg

Last edited:

Big Tom

It's probably leaking from the coolent line behind the filters,there is a rubber hose there joining to metal pipes.
Take a look there
Big Tom

dmetalmiki

That is mighty 'clean' antifreeze and water leak, And not contaminated by oil.
Why not just take off the oil filters, and check the coolant pipes behind them?, then you could fix any leak easier anyway.

russojap

That is mighty 'clean' antifreeze and water leak, And not contaminated by oil.
Why not just take off the oil filters, and check the coolant pipes behind them?, then you could fix any leak easier anyway.
I think I will do that very thing, but first I'm going to get a new hose to go back there and maybe some better gaskets for the filter housings... they were leaking oil before this started. The old gaskets were nice thick rubber...the new ones are super thin hard paper like material.

Big Tom

You will need two short pieces of strait hose one for behind filter and one up front of engine,both need to come off to get it apart. Hose will be 2"

Big Tom

Big Tom

Not telling anybody what to do here. The oil filter gaskets are a one time use item, I use napa 1133 filters they come with two new gaskets use the flat one, it is hard paper and works fine. Check the end of filter can for any nicks or burs clean as necessary clean filter base of old gasket parts new gasket will snap in the groove ,assemble and tighten bolt

Big Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks