• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th wheel trailer options

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys and Wes I know you have some thoughts on this, I am looking for an inexpensive way to get into an M322 trailer and its becoming apparent that its not that easy? I already have a 26 foot 5th Wheel trailer rated at 22K but for what I am hauling its out of my load capacity for my Diesel pickup so that leaves me with my M925A1 cargo truck. OK I cannot hook a 5th wheel in the bed so I found some dollys on the internet that hook to the frame on you pickup and allow you to tow a 5 th wheel trailer hooked to this dolly that is hooked to you bumper hitch. OK I am sure thats about as clear as mud for you? My thoughts are to build a single axle dolly that would attach to the pintle hitch on my 5 ton then to have the assembly on it to hook my 26 ft 5th wheel trailer to. Will this work???

Karl

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey guys and Wes I know you have some thoughts on this, I am looking for an inexpensive way to get into an M322 trailer and its becoming apparent that its not that easy? I already have a 26 foot 5th Wheel trailer rated at 22K but for what I am hauling its out of my load capacity for my Diesel pickup so that leaves me with my M925A1 cargo truck. OK I cannot hook a 5th wheel in the bed so I found some dollys on the internet that hook to the frame on you pickup and allow you to tow a 5 th wheel trailer hooked to this dolly that is hooked to you bumper hitch. OK I am sure thats about as clear as mud for you? My thoughts are to build a single axle dolly that would attach to the pintle hitch on my 5 ton then to have the assembly on it to hook my 26 ft 5th wheel trailer to. Will this work???

Karl
Karl,

there is a thread where a guy fabbed up a gooseneck ball off the back of the 5ton. I don't know the rating but it depends on what kinda material you would want. Just swap your trailer from a kingpin to a gooseneck receiver ball. They sell them to just slide in and out.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?54202-Hay-Train
You can buy a dolly from your Yellow Freight or RL carriers or some freight terminals that run alot of doubles. They show up from time to time being sold thru them. Just have fun trying to backup. You will need to add a trolley valve to your 925 in order to lock the brakes to back up easier.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Wes you always have and answer my friend! Ans also a thanks to Jbulach for calling this mistake to my attention, my trailer is a goose neck that attaches to a ball, hopefully that makes it easier??
Karl

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Wes you always have and answer my friend! Ans also a thanks to Jbulach for calling this mistake to my attention, my trailer is a goose neck that attaches to a ball, hopefully that makes it easier??
Karl

You can fab up a really strong normal bumper pull hitch like a pickup truck would have and make a little longer receiver with a 2-5/16 ball to clear your pintle and just hook the gooseneck up that way Karl. If you make the vertical drop plates to the frame with 3/4" plate and use some 3x3x1/2" angle to reinforce it. It should handle 30 to 35k. Make your own ball receiver out of a 3in piece of solid square bar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks