• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Endless Tire Talk! Looking for the Semi-Truck style Deuce with Dual'd XL's

MudMarine

So I've been doing a bunch of digging in old threads about tire swaps, and along the way someone posted a picture of their M35 set up like a semi tractor (it was bobtailed in the picture) but they had dual axle dual tire set up with Michelin XL's. Anyone know/own this truck? I'd love to find it again so I can show my Dad how it looked.

I just lucked into 10 XL's and 7 NDT's for a great price so now I'm trying to figure out which route to take my truck, I am a little worried about the condition of some of these tires. They have some cracks in them for sure, so that's one thing I'm looking into since they're tubed is it a problem.

Pictures below, because what good is a thread without pictures?

IMG_20181117_141257962_HDR.jpgIMG_20181117_140223712.jpgIMG_20181117_135912990.jpgIMG_20181112_140338669.jpgIMG_20181117_135926366.jpg00505_6kHAhezBvHT_600x450.jpg00z0z_lEEFhXFyWJR_600x450.jpg

MudMarine

Hammer

I took the 11's XLs off my 818 and put them on my wife's M35. They look like the truck should have came that way!
They ride great, turn great, and run a few more mph if need be (Mainly just a few less rpm at normal cruising speeds is the nice part.)

MudMarine

I took the 11's XLs off my 818 and put them on my wife's M35. They look like the truck should have came that way!
They ride great, turn great, and run a few more mph if need be (Mainly just a few less rpm at normal cruising speeds is the nice part.)
Yeah I LOVE the way they look dualed out. Did you have to put any kind of spacer between the rear wheels?

Ajax MD

I took the 11's XLs off my 818 and put them on my wife's M35. <snip>
Sorry, I just fell out of my chair laughing at the bolded bit. I consider myself lucky to have a wife who not only doesn't mind that I've bought an M813, but is excited to ride in it. I *never* thought I'd hear of a wife with their own deuce. Is it just for fun or are you guys using your trucks for work?

Hammer

When I won three at once, she went with me to pick them up.
I was walking around inspecting them to get ready to drive away.
And she points at one and tells me 'That is MY truck!'
Far be it from me to argue!

Now we only have one deuce left (had 4 at one time.) And guess which one we still have? HERS!

MudMarine

My wife wants me to take her on a date in ours!

Do y'all run tubes in these Michelin XL's? And if so what size? I could've sworn I saw somewhere that they're still good to tube

sandcobra164

I'm partial to the Firestone T831's myself but to answer your question. Tell the tire shop you need tubes for an 11X20 tire. The Michelin's are tubeless tires like my Firestone's but they will not mind being installed rims designed for tubes. Make sure they take good care of the inner flap / liner on the rim and you should be fine. I no longer own the truck in the pictures and the Firestone's are no longer in production in 11R20. I ran them for over 7 years with no issues and I'd bet they are still fine.

Attachments

MudMarine

Man I seem to have really missed out on the good days of the Deuce, I definitely would've been fine running those tires. Course I probably won't drive it that many mile in a year. Thanks for the tips!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks