• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the M38 next.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good!
I remember the first time I tried to reassemble one of those. Fought and fought with the roller bearings. Never thought it would ever go back together. An old mechanic told me to use wheel bearing grease to hold the rollers in place.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today a buddy brought in his steam cleaner (hotsey). I did the engine compartment, underneath, transfer case and bell housing. I had a spot of mud on the side so I blasted it off and voila-it removed all layers of paint down to the original one. So I did the whole tub!
jeep6.JPG

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today a buddy brought in his steam cleaner (hotsey). I did the engine compartment, underneath, transfer case and bell housing. I had a spot of mud on the side so I blasted it off and voila-it removed all layers of paint down to the original one. So I did the whole tub!
View attachment 758086
I need one of those machines... we used one to clean our helicopters up in Iceland.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I decided the wiring is trashed and will be replaced. Also decided body is coming off.....
55.JPG56.JPG

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
parts.JPG
It seems parts needing cleaned/blasted never seems to end. Got a bunch blasted today (Thanks Jeff!). Hopefully frame gets done this week if weather cooperates. The replacement engine had several small CJ2A components which are slightly different and had to be changed. (Love doing stuff twice). :-(

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hooked up a lot of smaller items. Had to disassemble the parking brake due to a spinning driveshaft stud.
55.JPG56.JPG57.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks