• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the M38 next.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All holes are done ready for sand blasting if the weather ever gets better. There wound up being 79 holes I had to weld up. (Some people should not be allowed to use a drill)
jeep1.jpg

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New harness arrived from Vintage. Need to replace this tail light mount. looks to be a PITA to remove.....
56.jpg55.jpg

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was not that bad to remove. Waiting on the replacement from Midwest to get here. Unfortunately this project may be stalled for awhile as my auto body stuff is locked up at the local Technical College with no way to get it till this Covid stuff passes.
46.jpg47.jpg

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you been able to work on this since your last post? Love what your doing and need a fix LOL.
I'm in the middle of building a new garage so I can actually accomplish something and not constantly have to be moving stuff to get to whatever I am working on. I normally take one class at the local community college, so I can use the paint booth. That is also on slight hold since COVID shut it down last spring. I didn't want to pay tuition again and risk another shutdown with no tuition reimbursement. Hopefully the building will be done soon (cement Friday) and I'll be able to get some progress done!

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the middle of building a new garage so I can actually accomplish something and not constantly have to be moving stuff to get to whatever I am working on. I normally take one class at the local community college, so I can use the paint booth. That is also on slight hold since COVID shut it down last spring. I didn't want to pay tuition again and risk another shutdown with no tuition reimbursement. Hopefully the building will be done soon (cement Friday) and I'll be able to get some progress done!
Looking forward to it.....I have been wanting to restore an M38 for a long time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks