• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2004 M1123 6.5L - Serpentine Belt

Mills

2004 M1123 6.5L

Has anyone experienced a serpentine belt (Dayco 5081260) snapping for no apparent reason (twice in 3 weeks). Could a failing belt tensioner cause this?

~Chris

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 lengths, it’s based on your serial number range....or basically what version of serp setup you have.
but I can tell you there is no 126in....it’s 98 or 114in.

Mills

There are 2 lengths, it’s based on your serial number range....or basically what version of serp setup you have.
The serp belt is a Dayco 5081260, 126" in length. That's what came on the truck. Serial Number 219504.

BELT DIAGRAM.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The SN range makes it a Cast serp system....thus you can only use pancake compressor. The cast serp setup already allows for the addition or subtraction of a compressor via the delete pulley that goes on AC bracket.
And the OP makes no statement of AC in the truck....

Last edited:

Mills

Serpentine Belt 6.5l NA M1123

Would the 98in. be without the AC compressor and the 114in. with? Also, for some odd reason I have an additional guide roller (x out in blue below) which is NOT on the belt routing diagram on the air intake. The original diagram is on the right below.

serp belt.jpg original.jpg

Steveo22

Mills- I'm having the same issue. I have the additional pulley as well. I removed the Red dot system and installed a pulley (from Hummer Parts Guy) to fill the void where the compressor was. I cannot get the 114" belt to go on. Seems like I need a 116" or bypass a pulley and got with the 98". You figure anything out?

Steveo22

Mills- I'm having the same issue. I have the additional pulley as well. I removed the Red dot system and installed a pulley (from Hummer Parts Guy) to fill the void where the compressor was. I cannot get the 114" belt to go on. Seems like I need a 116" or bypass a pulley and got with the 98". You figure anything out?
1671062982516.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks