• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce 3053A tranny rebuild issue

Buderwuder

I am sorry for not knowing if this exist, but I looked and don't see it. I am rebuilding a deuce tranny, and when I put the main shaft back in, 2nd gear comes in contact with the reverse idler PTO gear. I don't know if this will work it self out when the rest of the parts for the rear of the main shaft are assembled or not. I attached a photo to show the issue. Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your rear output bearing may not be fully seated on the MS, at this time?

Once the spacer and flange are installed and the nut torqued to specs, everything should be in correct position, with a safe gap between those two gears.

Buderwuder

So does the bearing have to be seated on the shaft all the way to the spline section for 1st gear? I see about an 1/8" between the bearing race and the bottom at the spline section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks