• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another GETT trailer

armyrino

Well picked up another batch of 2009 Applied Company GETT Trailers with the 20kw diesel generator and 12ton HVAC unit. Trailer mounted.
Also 2010 Drash trailer.
Going through the units as usual and fully servicing everything. A few exhaust holes and batteries right off the Bat but nothing unusually so far. I work on allot of these units so I've pretty much ran into all issues.
I did however get back a GETT unit I sold over a year ago from a customer. Unit had 3000hrs on it when I sold it and it now has over 9000 hours. So needless to say they use it. LOL found the Generator head to be bad so getting ready to tear the back end off and install new. Ill keep you all up to date on progress.
If anyone has any questions at all on these type unit feel free to contact me. I have all parts lists with cross referenced numbers to both NAPA and WIX numbers plus full manuals on everything.
Well im off to more fun. Stay tuned. Ill post so pics as soon as I have a chance
:-D:driver:

therooster2001

Howdy Jon, if you need help on the refrigerant fill, I know a guy....

(Sorry thread, inside joke, Jon is the one who helped me through mine over the phone, and if I remember right, a master AC certified tech, and been at this for over 20 years..)

9000?! Wow, I think mine moved 5 whole hours this year...and those were just to exercise AC and heat.

Speaking of heat, my GETT heater is awesome. I think Will said he had the thin wire versions, mine are the stouter discs, which actually put out a fair amount. How did the new ones come?

Did they come with the tubing / hose /baffles ( what is the correct term for those things?).

And I think we need a sticky post on those part exchanges. I still need to do a belt swap.

I don't get to do any of the things like comfort camping in the HDT hooked up to the GETT this year. I did swap out a thermostat on the remote control unit. EBay one I scored was bad (as advertised), and ended up getting a replacement thermostat for cheap last week. they are around $250 from Johnson Controls direct, hurray for surplus /auctions..

Glad to see you still messing with the electric iron. The only other item I did was mess unsuccessfully with panel lights. They both still won't work. I found the manufacturer and see replacement bulbs, just not the 90 degree reflector holders they fit into, and can't figure out how the bulb comes out of the holders. They just spin when turned...

And do you clean or spray any electrical connections for preventative maintenance?

armyrino

Hey there Rooster. good to hear from you. Those panel lights just pull out and off. Just twist back and forth while pulling out on them. The chrome diverters just push on and pull off. Then the bulbs lock in. Just twist bulbs counter clockwise while pushing in on them slightly. They will pop out.

Yup 9000 hrs. The company that bought this one from me uses it everyday to power job sites and trailers. The generator head went out. One of the windings failed. Getting ready to pull old head off and install new one. Ill post some pics and specs asap.

I will post all of the filters, belts and bulbs cross parts numbers asap as well so everyone has an easy reference for servicing.

Im getting ready to start the installation of AC unit Im my M923. I chose to go with a RedDot roof mount AC/Heat unit. Its very low profile and everything is self contained so there's no remote condenser coils or fans. Just run heater lines and Freon lines, and your good to go. I installed the same unit on my backhoe and it works greats. Its rated at 22,000BTU. Ill post pics and some video of the installation asap.

Oh yeah I will show you all how to change the belts on the GETT trailers without removing the fan shroud or fan. Its easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks