• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission oil clarification

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran SAE 80/90 gear oil in my transmission and it worked. No issues but harder to shift when the weather got cold. I now run SAE 40 non-detergent and it works better.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
In a Florida based Deuce non-detergeant was used, no more shifting or noise or any other problems with transmission or differential after oil changes.
Pictures for the General better than writing about it.
Deuce transmission oil.jpggear oil deuce mag1 non detergent 40W 08022013.jpgnon-detergent transmission oils.jpg

Non-pressurized lube systems with bottom drains, vents, and without filters are not designed for detergent lubrication liquids. That is not the design. The nasties just go to the bottom and separate out in the case mostly by Mr. Gravity. Bronze and/or non-ferrous parts are the concerns.

Last edited:

TEAMJENSEN

I'm getting ready to change the transmission oil in my m923a2. What is the correct weight oil to use, what was the oil the government would use in it? I not sure I want to switch to dex trans fluid but keep it same as govt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please search the correct forum(5 ton) and post on a thread there if you can't find the answer you need.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks