• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fender welts

Section8

Hello all,
I am not new to steel soldiers, just new to the M37.
I have been looking and looking and cannot find anyone who sells the rubber weather trim, welts i believe they are called, that go between the fenders and the body panels.
I am in need if both front and rear sets. The ones on my newly acquired 53 has little to none on it and what is there is so rotten it falls apart when touched.
Has anyone found something new that works or knows of anyone who has them? Door seals to! Most places on the interweb are sold out.
Before anyone says it. Yes i searched.

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I have done on several old restorations, is have an upholstery shop make some out of winter grade black naugahide. I like the stuff wide enough so you can get a good grip on it from the inside. So take an 8" wide strip of the stuff, fold it in half (the long way), over an 1/8 plastic bead & sew it in tight. They know how to do it. When its in place, trim off the excess. The plastic bead comes in different sizes too.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both Midwest military and vintage power wagons should have them. The front and rear are different also.

just me

The front fender is a large rubber part and John and Jens both sell it. There is a generic welt shown in one of my manuals for the rear but the part doesn't cross to my parts manual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks