• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fehmarn to Berlin 300 miles on wheels

Migginsbros

And this is what we hope to bring home safe. Screenshot_20181123-144403.jpg It is a 5t MAN Kat1 4x4 with V8 aircooled Deutz Diesel.
The canopy is missing but we want to get one set from another guy on the way home.

Last edited:

Migginsbros

A nice guy from Hamburg had a look some weeks before and give us some informations about the condition
of this MV. Following his oppinion we gonna make it. Hope the window vent/heater will work fine on the way.
In preparation of the trip we sent at least 4 boxes with tools, filters,bulbs, fuses, warm boots and jackets,....
by parcel service.
IMG_7653.jpg IMG_7654.jpg IMG_7657.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with the recovery. I'm heading out Monday for a 2500 mile round trip. Mine isn't a MV but I'll be driving a Nissan Titan towing a trailer to SD then picking up a F350 and putting the Nissan on the trailer for the trip back. The F350 is an auction buy so having to take faith in their description of the vehicle. Just hoping there's no snow.

Guyfang

Staff member
A nice guy from Hamburg had a look some weeks before and give us some informations about the condition
of this MV. Following his oppinion we gonna make it. Hope the window vent/heater will work fine on the way.
In preparation of the trip we sent at least 4 boxes with tools, filters,bulbs, fuses, warm boots and jackets,....
by parcel service.
View attachment 748943 View attachment 748942 View attachment 748944
Chris,

There is one, if not two of them in Kulmbach. The guy has had them for ever, and done nothing with them. Next time down this way, might pay to ask about them.

Guyfang

Staff member
Good luck with the recovery. I'm heading out Monday for a 2500 mile round trip. Mine isn't a MV but I'll be driving a Nissan Titan towing a trailer to SD then picking up a F350 and putting the Nissan on the trailer for the trip back. The F350 is an auction buy so having to take faith in their description of the vehicle. Just hoping there's no snow.

In the Black Hills, it can snow any month of the year. I was on the phone last Thursday, Hill City, (The Heart of the Hills) and it was snowing, according to my Aunt. So drive safe partner!!

m715mike

by parcel service.
View attachment 748943 View attachment 748942 View attachment 748944

Now I’m curious.... Why did you send the boxes by parcel service? Will you drive to Fehmarn and have a chase vehicle for the trip home?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few people in America know how nice train ride is.
True, they don't know what they miss in their own country. There trains are more spacey than ours here in Europe,; well equipped, but they are muuuuch slllloooower. Went by train once from Washington to Dalhousie, New Brunswick (Canada). Very nice ride, but not the 85-100 mph of the intercity trains in Germany and the Netherlands.

Migginsbros, if you don't know them yet, put Commerce in Nieuwendiep very high on your "where to get stuff" list. They bought up a lot of Dutch and German surplus material already very long time ago and still have a lot of spares. They have a very large terrain stuffed with MVs. The owner died in May this year, aged 87; he was still running the company. His brother is over 90 by now but still runs REOMIE, the largest place in the Netherlands and probably Europe for US surplus stuff, mainly deuces and 5-tons.

Have fun and have a safe trip home

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks